Bella Carpenter - Who You Are Matters assignment

 Hi my name is Bella Carpenter

I am currently at the University of Southern California studying Business Administration with an emphasis on Entrepreneurship. I am in a time of change meaning I am preparing to graduate, and leave a life of school and extracurricular behind and enter into to life in the real world.

I am from South Orange County, California.

I am going to New York City. After I graduate I plan to move into a small apartment with my best friends. I am hoping to gain a job in marketing in the beauty industry in NYC.

 I am going to get there through preparation and determination. I am trying to build my network to help me gain a job. I already have my roommates and together we will do a lot of research to find a decent apartment. I am planning to use the skills I have learned in life and at USC to help me keep up with the fast-paced culture of New York.

 I am very similar to both my parents. When I was younger I felt like I was nothing like either of them. Now I can see how I share many traits with both of them. Such as I have my dad's humor and my mom's mannerisms.

 I am unlike my parents because my dad is stubborn, while I am very go-with-the-flow. My mom is a very emotional thinker while I am a more logical thinker.

I have set my expectations in life, and I have had a set goal to become my boss since I was 10 years old. I still expect that my future self will somehow figure out how to build a sustainable business.

My best friend's mom serves as an example for me. This is because she is so grounded in the person she is and her values system is so connected to mine, I see her as a great role model. She also lives a life I hope one day to emulate. A life filled with love and ambition.

I have always felt connected to elephants! I love elephants not only because they are super cute but because I love their familial nature. They also seem like a gentle giant but hold so much power.

When I was young I went to the Monterey bay aquarium and they have an opportunity where you go scuba diving in their lagoon. While scuba diving, the instructor I was with handed me a piece of seaweed. She was holding a piece herself and as she held out her hand, a massive speckled eels jetted out of a rock crevice and snatch the seaweed from out her hand. She then beckoned me to do the same. I was flabbergasted and gave her the previously instructed hand signal of get me out of here. Ever since then, whenever I see seaweed I think of that eel.

Sun - Gemini

Moon - Aquarius

Ascendant - Libra


Comments

  1. Hi Bella, I'm so happy and excited for you to move to New York it sounds like so much fun. I know how much you care about going into the beauty industry and I hope it all works out for you. Also we have a similar experiences about the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Best of luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bella,
    I am also from Southern California, but just two hours north of you in Ventura County. New York seems like a great place to go after graduation as there's a lot to do, a lot to see, and a lot of great opportunities. Like you, I also have a goal of being in charge and having my own business some day, I think that is a great goal to have and it is very attainable with hard work. Elephants are beautiful animals and I'd love to go on an African Safari some day and see them in person. I look forward to getting to know you more this semester!
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bella,
    I also live Orange County, it is the best! It is really awesome that you are moving to New York after you graduate, and I am sure it will be so much fun living with your best friends. I am also interested in the beauty industry (if my other career plans do not work out), it seems like a lot of fun. I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bella,
    I can relate to your connection to elephants. My culture often involves elephants in certain events and I have had a chance to interact with many. I recognize the beauty in that they have strength but are friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bella! I think we have a lot of similar aspirations which is really cool! It's a dream of mine to one day live in New York -- I, too, love the faster-paced culture -- and also possibly work in the beauty industry. Your sense of direction and ambition towards achieving these goals is very admirable. I'm wishing you the best of luck this semester, and also in the future *when* you start your own business and become your own boss! (Yes, not if, but when!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bella, I loved reading about your encounter with this rock-inhabiting "massive speckled eel"! In Egypt, I remember diving and accidentally coming face to face first with a moray eel and then a blue ringed octopus, encounters that are as rare as they are dangerous. We're lucky to have interacted with unique animals in this way; underwater and in their homes! Good luck with your NY-related ambitions, you will certainly find success in such a dynamic, stimulating place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that going to New York after graduation is going to be so fun for you! I am planning on doing the same thing and get excited thinking about it especially after my past summer. Like your relationships with your parents, I am the same in the sense that we are complete opposites. I think that’s its really inspiring to want to be your own boss because the autonomy that comes with it is unlike no other. I do think I will be a corporate clog for a few years before it happens but alas we shall see.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

World We Dare to Imagine, Part 1

World We Dare to Imagine, Part 3

Book 1 Post 1