Random Post 1

 Right now my dear friend Daniella is visiting me from Miami. So I found it fitting to write about the story of my friend group, the creation of the sophomores (sophs) and seniors, and what we stand for as a group. The year was 2016 and it was my sophomore year of high school. My childhood best friend, Ella, and I just got introduced to the new girl at school named Emma who moved from North Carolina. Ella, Emma, and I all did theatre together and all got cast in the Fall production of "Our Town" by Thornton Wilder, we all got very close during this time. Then Emma became friends with a girl in her class named Daniella. After meeting Daniella, us four girls became inseparable and the sophs were born. 

As the months rolled along, it became time for the spring musical production, and that year we did "Fiddler on the Roof" by Joseph Stein. This is when we met Sarah and the twin's Claire and Louise. These are the Seniors of the group, and combine we now had a girl group of 7 girls: Claire, Louise, Sarah, Ella, Emma, Daniella, and myself. We all were in Fiddler on the Roof and we all became super close during the run of the show. In 2017, that school year ended and a lot changed for RSM. Daniella and her family moved to Miami, Claire, and Louise started college at Baylor University in Texas, and Sarah started college at LMU in Los Angeles. Leaving only Ella, Emma, and I in Orange County. Even though our friend group got pulled apart, we have all remained in contact and have communicated with each other every day for the past 7 years. We do this through planned phone calls, and group facetime but what we use the most is Snapchat because we vlog our days and send them in the group chat. We all make it a point to fly to see each other at least once a year, if not more, but we are all still as close as we were back in 2016. I don't even really see them as my friends anymore, I see them as my sisters. 

The reason we are all so connected is that we are all so aligned in our morals and values. One of the most important things that we stand for is supporting each other and treating everyone with respect. We are all so different, but we embrace those differences. We are all so close to each other's families, for example, Claire and Louise's dad gave me my first job, Emma's mom has taught me valuable life lessons, and each parent has always welcomed me with open arms. Both my parents see each of my friends as a daughter and it truly feels like we are one big family. Now we are scattered all across the U.S. and live in places such as New York, Texas, Florida, and California. I cannot wait to spend the rest of the weekend with Dani, and travel to see the rest of my friends soon. 

Comments

  1. Hi Bella,

    I loved reading your post. It's so nice to know how your friendship began with Daniella, after meeting her the other day. I believe that with any type of relationship in order for it to work there has to be respect within each other, and you talked about how you all are able to support and respect everyone. That is really important and it's so nice to see how everyone went their separate ways but still remain in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bella, I really enjoyed reading this post! The way your friend group formed reminds me of something straight out of a sitcom haha. It's really heartwarming to see that you guys are all making an effort to maintain the friendship despite graduating and parting ways physically. I know a few of my friendships did not survive long distance, so I'm glad yours did. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bella! I really loved your post about friendship. I think the true friendships can withstand any distance. My hometown is also Miami, Florida so most of my friends went to college within Florida or on the east coast. I was the only person in my friend group to travel to the west coast. Yet, we still make it a point to facetime each other or visit each other when possible. So I can relate to this long-distance friendships but when you see each other in person its like no time has passed at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bella,
    I think it is really cool how you have all kept in touch with each other! I am extremely bad at communication so I think all of the FaceTimes and calls are very impressive. I also agree with you though that being in college has made my "hometown" friends feel like my family instead of just friends. I think it is because when I go home for the holidays to see my family, I am also seeing them. And, I feel so comfortable around them unlike my college friends because of the history we have together. I hope you had fun with Daniella!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bella,
    I really enjoyed reading your post about your hometown friends. Whenever I go back to my hometown, it does feel like my friends are like family. I rarely contact them whenever I'm back in school, but when we do see each other in person it really does feel like we were always with each other

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I completely understand this feeling about being across the world but still having to maintain relationships. I think that we become so intertwined with a person that our values naturally have to overlap and grow. When this happens to someone - to me is is a bound for life. From now on you are always welcome and I will always be in the corner cheering. I think having those foundations of similarities is what will continue setting yourself up for that constant and never ending friendships and relationships!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

World We Dare to Imagine, Part 1

World We Dare to Imagine, Part 3

Book 1 Post 1